So, for those of you who don't know, I was released from YW a few weeks ago. Such a sad day, but that is another story. For those of you who are not members of our church, it is working with the teen-age girls. I have done it for many years, and it is by far my absolute favorite place to be at church. However, I have been asked to do something else, and of course I am doing it.
But, before I left the Young Women's program, I decided that I was going to get my Young Women Recognition Award. This is a program that the girls work on while they are in their teenage years. As a leader, you are able to do a modified version of this lengthy program. So, I am happy to say that on Sunday, I received my Young Women Recognition Award.
Though, I am sad to be "out of the program," I am grateful for the time that I was able to spend in there and all the experiences that I had that helped me grow.
3 comments:
That's cool. I didn't know they had leader awards. I don't even know where I put my award... it's been so long...
Congrats to you! I'm working on it as well.
That's my girl!! What a great example you are to your own girls who will one day be Young Women leaders. I know they will follow in your footsteps.
Post a Comment