Today, I sit here and can only think of one person, my Grandpa Petersen. What an amazing and wonderful man that I truly miss. Saturday, Maren came into my room and asked what I was doing. I was looking at pictures of the twins with him and my Grandma from our trip to Florida two years ago. How very grateful I am to have those photos and memories to share with Jocie and Blake one day. The smiles on every one's faces are forever great memories that we are blessed with.
The world today needs more men like my Grandpa. I will not forget the talk we had a the dining room table that last trip. He told me after his medical problems, in his late 20s, if he had too, he would have stood on the corner and sold pencils to do all he could to provide for his family. Never looking for a handout, he knew his role. If people today would only have that mentality and stop looking for the handout. What strength and courage he had.
Grandpa was an honest and gentle man, who you could not help but love. Quiet, but oh so funny when he wanted to be.
So, Grandpa just as when you hugged me that last time and said, "I love you pal, I will see you again." I too know I will see you again, but in the mean time, know that you are loved and missed and that your example lives on.
No comments:
Post a Comment