Welcome


Rich, Kim, Kaylin, Maren, Jocie Bel, and Blake

Friday, December 4, 2009

Thoughts on Cleaning

My thoughts today are on cleaning....Once upon a time, I could go from room to room and clean my house knowing that when I left a room, that room would stay clean. Oh, how the twins have changed things in our life!



I started downstairs with my morning routine, cleaning up the kitchen and the twins were upstairs playing with toys in the loft. Ok, I thought they were in the loft playing toys. Really, they were having Christmas morning early and were unwrapping the few presents of Kaylin and Maren's that I had managed to get wrapped the other day. So, now my kitchen was clean, but I was back to square one on the Christmas wrapping. I am glad that I had not wrapped anything of Jocie and Blakes or I they probably would have been back in the loft where I thought they were playing with "new" toys.

My "angels" were then downstairs settled in watching an episode of Dora. Thank goodness for DVR! I decided to clean out the drawers in my bathroom. They were not that bad, but still I wanted to get it done. So, proud of myself for accomplishing a non daily task I start down the stairs to hear Blake say, "Oh no Mommy is coming!" Not a good phrase from a 2 1/2 year old. I go the rest of the stairs to find that the twins have decided to "play" every game that we own. Let me name a few so that you can get an idea of the pieces I had to sort and clean up....
  1. Sequence
  2. Life
  3. Uno
  4. Scrabble
  5. Clue
  6. Racko
  7. Rummy Cube
  8. Dominos
  9. Phase 10
  10. Cranium
  11. Pictionary
  12. Canasta

Ok I will stop there, but you get the idea of all the pieces that were everywhere! I couldn't find my camera, not even sure at that point I wanted to. I just looked at them and said, "Why?" To Which Jocie told me, "We wanted to play a game."

So, I quit I am baking cookies and maybe the house will be clean when Rich gets home this afternoon from Kansas City. If not, I might just tell him, "Go read the blog!"

4 comments:

Rondi said...

From a Grandma's point of view, I look at those smiles and say, "How cute!!. At least you can find out which games didn't have all the pieces. See, they helped!!

Anonymous said...

Oh man!!! I totally feel your pain!! Isaac did that last year in my mom's game room which has about 958 games!! You can imagine how long it took to clean that bad boy up!!!
Good thing those twins are so flippin' cute...I bet you can't stay mad long! :)

Hermana Bennett said...

Ha ha that's awesome! You're kids are too cute to get mad at them :)

Holli said...

That's hilarious! Miss those twins. They can come take my house apart. I wouldn't even mind!