Welcome


Rich, Kim, Kaylin, Maren, Jocie Bel, and Blake

Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Break 2009

We had a great Thanksgiving Break this year. We left our beautiful Vegas weather for the brisk winter weather of Orem, Utah to spend a few days with Rich's sister Lori and her family. So, off we left Wednesday to get 30 miles North of Vegas and hit stand still traffic. The kind you dread, where you look a head and see nothing but parked cars and people standing out of their cars talking to each other. So, we do what every law abiding citizen does and....crosses over the gravel median turns around and finds an alternate route to our destination. Thanks to our friends the Beattys and our GPS, we rerouted through Panaca, NV adding only an hour onto our trip and made it to Utah at a decent hour. We are still not sure what caused the delay in traffic, but with four kids in the car we figured moving was better than standing still.

Thursday, we spent Thanksgiving with The Wrights (Rich's sisters family) and four nephews, Daniel, Jared, Trevor, and Curt all who are up in Utah either going to school or working. Dinner was delicious and afterwards all the girls and kids sat and watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade that we had DVRd while all seven adult men cleaned up everything. It was an amazing sight! Snuggled up with my girls I feel right asleep. Blake quickly feel asleep cuddled up to Lori and it was a great couple of hours. Later that day, us older girls (Maren and up) went to see New Moon. It was fun to see it with Megan and Lori who had not yet seen it. Once again, the men came to the rescue and watched the little bits so, I could have fun. WOW

Friday, we went with the Wrights to pick out their Christmas Tree. They have always bought their tree from the same family who sells trees every year from their front yard. This family goes up the canyon and cuts down trees every year. It was as close to a tree farm as I have seen. We helped put up a few Christmas decorations, but we did warn them that Jocie and Blake were very curious this year and already have broken two ornaments at our house. So, they saved a great deal of their decorating till we were gone. We split up with some of us going to a movie and some of us going to the movie. I took Jocie Bel with us to the movie and Rich took Blake miniature golfing. It sounded like they had a great time. Maren said Blake was fun to watch. We met up for dinner. Afterwards, the big kids watched GI Joe, and us old folks went to bed early with the twins!

Saturday, Rich and I went to the BYU/Utah game. It was cold, cold, cold! Did I mention it was cold. Layers is the name of the game, so that is what I did. I am glad that we went as it was a great game. I wish I could say I held out for the overtime and to see the BYU win live, but I was so cold after the third quarter that with no complaints, Rich let us leave. We did make it back to the Wrights to watch the end of TV so that was good.

Sunday, we drove home, relaxed, and started to unpack. Today, I am doing laundry and cleaning up, Rich is back at work, and the girls are back at school. It is amazing how fast a vacation comes and how quickly it is over.

Thank you Lori and Stu for letting us get together with you for the weekend. We love you guys.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny we could have seen you in that car pile!! It was a deadly 3 car accident invovling 2 cars and a semi truck! It was soo bad!! I was soo sad the whole drive up to utah. Pays to have close metro friends to find out what was going on!!
Glad trip was fun!! :)

The Browns said...

Thanks Jen...wondered the whole weekend. Hope you had a nice time in St. George! Did you wait it out and see it? Oh how awful.

Rondi said...

Happy to hear you had a great Thanksgiving holiday and vacation. That's what it is all about--family. And that was great of Lori and Stu inviting you to share it with them.

Anonymous said...

Kind of we started to take a different route then decided not to and headed back to vegas and got gas at the speedway then we got a call saying it was going to re open. ( Since they shut the freeway down) We saw what was left and I can't even imagine what it originally looked like! Sad sick feeling. We had a blast in St. george! :)