Welcome


Rich, Kim, Kaylin, Maren, Jocie Bel, and Blake

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Wisconsin--Day Two

So, it is taking me a while to get to each of the days of our trip, but I will write about each one! On day two of our trip, we went to the St. Paul, MN temple with the Takishitas. It was the smallest LDS temple that I have ever been in. It was really neat to see one of the mini temples. I thought the San Antonio, Texas temple was small, but this one has it beat. The temple shares the parking lot with a stake center and the stake center is the larger of the two buildings. (Sorry about the Mormon terminology).

Our experience at the temple almost didn't happen. We got ready and we loading up the car to go. Richard went outside to start up the car and nothing happened, not light went on, nothing turned over....the car was DEAD! Rich and Richard tried to jump start the car using their Yaris. Nothing. So, we did what any good, grown, five adults would do...we piled into the Yaris. I am sure we looked like the clowns with Rich 6'4", Richard 6'2", Chad 6'1", Glenda 5'7", and me only 5'4" coming out of the car. We were grateful the ride was only an hour. Actually, the ride was not bad at all. The temple was beautiful and it was great to share this experience with Chad for the first time. We are so excited for him. We can't believe that he leaves in less than a month for his mission to Peru! Where have the last six years gone?

The weather here was perfect. Rich and I were saying that if we were in Vegas we wouldn't be smiling in the pictures. We would be saying, "Hurry, take the picture, the sweat is dripping off my forehead!"

When Chad's Dad, Richard, was deployed to Iraq, Rich and Chad became great buds. We are so grateful for the friendship that we have with this great family.


After the temple, it was off to the Mall of America. This is the mall of all malls! It has every store you can think of as well as an aquarium, a water park, and an amusement park. You could spend your whole vacation at the mall!
A picture of the amusement park. I had to get the Dora sign in for Jocie Bel.
The guys had to try their hand at one Mid-Way game. Between the two Richards, we got one little puppy. One manly hubbies Glenda and I have.
Here is a better shot of the rides inside the Mall. I guess, this is the only way you get to have a year round amusement park when you get weather in the negatives in the winter.
Then of course my favorite...when we were taking just a little two long, Rich and Chad, decided to play some Madden 2010 on the X-Box 360 at the Best Buy that was in the Mall. Yes, in the Mall. Even, the men enjoyed the visit to this one!

2 comments:

Holli said...

Oh man! I'm SOOOOO jealous you got to go to the Mall of America!!!

Rondi said...

What great parents Richard and Glenda are, and what great friends they have in the two of you. Rich was always there for Chad. I remember those days in Killeen (which is so much closer to our house). One question--how noisy is that mall?