3:45am--The Alarm goes off and we get out of bed and get ready to leave.
4:40am--Leave the house without the Dramamine and head to the airport.
4:45am--Get to the airport, park the car, and walk into the airport.
5:00am--Try to check in at the kiosk so we can go directly to the gate...told we have to go to the ticket counter.
5:10am--Arrive at ticket counter and told that Rich is on the Funding Terrorist List. (Trying to figure out how this has happened since he flew to Kansas City last week and has never had any issues)
5:30am--Finally get Rich of the Terrorist list for the day and are able to go to security and try to get through in time for our 6:00am flight. (Remember this is the Vegas Airport)
5:45am--Make it through security and arrive at gate. Immediately board flight.
6:00am--Flight leaves on time and we head to Dallas.
SLEEP ON PLANE!!!
10:40am--Land in Dallas, Take the Tram to the next gate and see the new Cowboy Stadium (Have a missing Texas moment! Tear, Tear) Grab a drink, text the girls and invite my mom to meet us in Dallas for lunch. I didn't want her to think we were rude not wanting to get together with the family since we were in Texas.
11:40am--Board plane that is now running late for St. Louis. (this plane is smaller than the last and the ride will be shorter) We take off and are on our way.
SLEEP ON PLANE!!!
1:15pm--Land in St. Louis and head again to our last flight! YEAH!!!! Get to gate and realize that once again the plane is even smaller.
2:00pm--Board plane. Rich has to duck the entire time. I laugh as finally being short out weighs his many benefits of being tall.
2:15pm--Plane takes off and I watch the scenery below. I begin to wonder where the heck we are going. It is flat and full of farm land.
3:30pm--We finally land in St. Paul, Minnesota.
Richard and Glenda met us at the airport and we headed to Eau Clair (pronounced O Clair) Wisconsin. We laughed and talked the entire ride to their home. It was great to get the house where Glenda had her "Famous" pulled smoked pork ready for us to eat. We finished off the night with Frozen Custard.
Chad and Cassie look great and as good looking as ever. We were excited about heading to the temple the next day with Chad. That is the end of Day One.
1 comment:
Wow! You guys are troopers! I'm jealous, though. I'd love to see that part of the country! At this point, I think Jocie and Blake probably have more sky miles than I do!
Post a Comment