Welcome


Rich, Kim, Kaylin, Maren, Jocie Bel, and Blake

Monday, August 25, 2008

The First Day of School

So, the girls made it out the door, with smiles, supplies, and lunches but only one returned home with that same smile on her face after leaving the supplies and eating the lunch. Can you guess which one that would be? I will give you a hint...it is not the almost a teenager, pre pms-ing, I miss my friends in Texas, and everyone at school is weird child.

Yes, Kaylin had a rough first day. We had a great talk about optimism, and told her she had to decide if the glass was half full or half empty. Surprisingly, she didn't tell me I don't have a cup. For those of you who don't get it...we have many blonde moments at our house. She gets it and knows it will be tough, but she is going to stick it out. We will not have a seventh grade dropout!

Maren, on the other hand loved her first day of school. The only thing that made her mad was the girl who destroyed the science experiment that they did. My girls are learning that southern hospitality does not exist in Nevada. She came home excited that her teacher is 24, graduated from BYU and is not married. Even, my children are now playing matchmaker for their uncle! Guess who we are talking about, Marshall?

I am very grateful for a wonderful neighbor named Carma who has a great way of making my girls see that everything will be ok. I am not sure that the kids and I would have survived this summer without her and her family. They have all become our great friends. Both of my girls have friends to walk to and from school with and someone to always get together with.

Well, it is now time for bed...unfortunately we are back to early mornings, but the girls love that school is not as long as it is in Texas. I am sure that we will have many more great adventures at school to write about.

4 comments:

MP said...

Good night!!! Even the girls are trying to fix me up. I need to get to work before I have to live with the fact that my nieces had to find my wife for me.

Rondi said...

Kaylin will have a great year. She has a great personality and a kind heart. The kids she goes to school with will figure that out and before she knows it, she will be as popular and happy as she was in Texas. At her age, change in school is a very hard thing to adjust to. As for Maren, I wouldn't have expected anything other than her having a great time. Tell them we love them and prayed for them last night that this would be a good school year.

Holli said...

Kay will do fine. Middle school is tough for everyone - new or not.

And, Marshall, accept the help where it's given.

Anonymous said...

Poor Kaylin! I am sure it will get better!!

I am glad Maren had good day! Mine loved it! U will have to read new post on crazy schedule now with school and my emotions yesterday!!