Welcome


Rich, Kim, Kaylin, Maren, Jocie Bel, and Blake

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Not So Young Anymore

Today, I was forced to face reality: I am not as young as I used to be. Ok, I am not saying that I am over the hill or in that matter close to middle age, but when faced with real life you have to admit with every day that passes your body ages.

Kaylin and I were up at the crack of dawn to meet up with the youth from church for a day of skiing and boating on Lake Mead. I was excited to get out on the boats relax and watch the kids do their thing. Well, the kids had other plans...we were told that the cool adults tried everything. So, yes I put my skills and strength to the test and wake boarded and knee boarded. Before you get to excited or start laughing out loud, I will have you know that yes I accomplished both task.

My wake board experience was short lived and about ripped my forearm muscles. As of tonight, I am feeling the pain and am waiting for the ever dreaded day after soreness even more. However, it was with pride and dignity that I knee boarded. Yes, I even used the good ol' fashion knee board. The one you have to hold on to the rope with one hand while using the other to Velcro yourself to the board. (what did we ever do before the invention of Velcro?) I enjoyed knee boarding and eventually just had to quit out of pure exhaustion.

So, yes I am proud of myself today. My 30+ body is holding up for me and while I am not as physically young as I used to be, I held my own for my short lived fun today.

Kaylin on the other hand, took to knee boarding with complete dedication. On her first run she was jumping the wake and doing 360s. Who is this crazy nut we are raising? She rocks.

We both now are laying here with our sunburn (yes mom we did put on sunscreen) feeling the pain and hoping that by tomorrow our faces don't feel like they have had a face lift. We will keep you posted.

4 comments:

MP said...

Kaylin did 360's? That's awesome.

Kyle said...

I guess we need to sign Kay up for the X-games, and Kim, we can sign you up for the geriatric games for something. Just kidding about that, Kim. That is awesome you both got out there. I have not done either of those in who knows how long.

Holli said...

That sounds like so much fun. I'm jealous... not that I WANT to do it but that I wish I could have seen it go down.

Hooray for Kay and the 360s!

Anonymous said...

Oh...add this to the list too!! So Kaylin is pretty much...AMAZING!!! Love her!!!