Welcome


Rich, Kim, Kaylin, Maren, Jocie Bel, and Blake

Monday, August 10, 2009

Midnight

It is midnight and I am still awake. That isn't unusual. If you know me, you would know that I am a night owl and love my quiet time at night when everyone is asleep. Well, I should say when everyone should be asleep.

As, I sit here in bed listening to Rich snore, I can also hear my dear precious son still awake in the other room. No, he did not just wake up and is now having a hard time going to sleep, he has yet to fall asleep for the night.

I always thought that Kaylin was going to be my worst infant sleeper, but I think Blake is going to have her beat. The downfall to Kaylin's sleep habits was the fact that we lived in an apartment and I was always afraid that her crying was going to wake up the neighbors and get us evicted. So, there were many nights spent driving around until she fell asleep in her car seat. Blake, he gets the joy of crying. I am not sure how Jocie sleeps through it but some how she manages.

Tonight...I have caved and have actually put in a movie in the TV in their room and am hoping that at some point tonight he does eventually fall asleep. Blake is not the type to fall asleep with rocking or cuddling. Oh, well I never said I was the best mom in the world and after all it is now 12:04am!

1 comment:

Holli said...

Oh Kim, I know where you're coming from. Gabi's a total night-owl and is so hard to get to bed. Hopefully our future children will not be so bad about sleeping!