Welcome


Rich, Kim, Kaylin, Maren, Jocie Bel, and Blake

Monday, July 27, 2009

What are We going to do?

What are we going to do with Jocie Bel? That is the question of the day. I have started the task of potty training the twins. Having experience with girls, I have decided to begin with Jocie and hope that Blake will follow.

Jocie has a mind all of her own. She is as strong willed as her sisters or as her dad might say, her mother. :) Anyway, you look at it, she is one that does not like to be told what to do, rather she likes to think that she is choosing to do things on her own. Yes, I know that I am in trouble in about twelve years.

So, today began the task of getting her to sit on the "potty." It seems like such an easy thing. Well, she finally agreed to sit on the potty in front of the TV watching Dora on the DVR. However, she did have success! YEAH!!!

Three times today, Jocie was successful in her potty endeavors. The tricky part now is getting her to wear panties. Yep, she isn't interested in that. When I asked her tonight if she wanted to wear the cute Minnie Mouse panties, she looked at me and told me, "Mommy....I like diapers."

So, today we will enjoy the success sitting on and going in the potty. Tomorrow, we will try to get her to try on the big girl panties. The picture below shows Jocie Bel's new favorite thing....headbands. We had to trick her the other day to get her to take three of the four off before we went into the store.

2 comments:

Holli said...

Oh man... well, if it helps, I took Gabi to Target and had her pick out her favorite panties. That seemed to work because it was "her choice." But, I think Jocie may be a bit more strong willed than Gabi was, so good luck!

(Also, Bernestein Bears has board books about potty training that Gabi really loved.)

Rondi said...

She is so into fashion. Love the headbands.