Welcome


Rich, Kim, Kaylin, Maren, Jocie Bel, and Blake

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Painting The Carpet

Let me first start by saying that pictures would have made this post so much better, but I am still hoping that it is a dream and that I am going to wake up tomorrow to find out that it didn't really happen.

I took Kaylin, Emma (my niece visiting from Texas), and the twins to Utah for a short visit. Emma had never been to Utah and we were going to see the church sites. We were also fortunate to see the open house of the new Oquirrh Mountain Temple in West Jordan. We also drove up to Snowbird and the girls rode the Alpine slide down the mountain. Our friend Brittany Beatty also joined us for the day of fun.

So, why the hopes that I wake up and this didn't happen? Well, I want to remember that part, here is what I want to forget:

Blake and Jocelyn sleep in the computer/craft room when we stay with Grandma and Grandpa Brown. Grandma Brown has lots of craft paints, well I pushed them out of the way out of the reach of the twins, so I thought. Apparently not far enough, or Blake climbed out of the Portable Crib (which he does know how to do) and decided to open and pour 28 bottles of paint on the carpet.

This he did at some point before he woke up at 2am, waking me up, causing me to go in and check on him. I felt something on his arm and the first thought that came to me was, oh my gosh he is bleeding so I turned on the light to find a pile of paint and bottles. I didn't know what to do, but cry. But, I kept it together and woke up Kaylin and had her help me clean up the bottles like any good mother would do at 2am. :) She is amazing.

Well, the stain didn't come out even though I steam cleaned it and tried my best. So, I did what any good daughter in law would do and told my in laws what happened. They are amazing....they just laughed and said it just carpet. And that they will take care of it.

So, yes, I am hoping it is all a dream. I know it isn't. But, I can tell you that I am grateful for grandparents that love their grand-kids enough to hug and love them and tell them they can't wait till they come back, even after the artwork on the carpet.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Wow!!! What a great story...one of those you can laugh at after a while. Amazing in laws you have to say it's just carpet. Makes me wonder what I'd do. Elmer's glue isn't quite as bad, but we still have stiff carpet where the bottle was dumped. Memories...

Holli said...

What sweet Grandparents! And, what an artistic son you have! LOL...

Rondi said...

I guess black marker on my CDs and on my temple name cards sounds like nothing now. Blake--you are something else!!