Welcome


Rich, Kim, Kaylin, Maren, Jocie Bel, and Blake

Thursday, July 30, 2009

More Potty Training Tales

I think potty training tales will keep coming over the next few weeks as I continue to attempt to officially make potty training complete in our house. The story today is about Blake....

The other day I bought Blake a Thomas the Train motorized mini train as a prize when he finally goes in the potty. I realized that it was the wrong size and that it would not fit on the track that we have and put it back in the van to return to the store. Tonight I took him over to my friend's house to get a haircut and since it is just around the block, I didn't make him or Jocie get in their car seats. Big mistake...Blake found the train. Well, using my brain, I told Blake that he had to go potty to get the train. This would give me time to return the train to the store and get the correct size for Blake's track.

Well, Blake had other plans. He takes the train with him in the house...takes his shoes off, takes his diaper off, sits on the little potty and sure enough that little stinker peed in the potty. That of course was followed with cheer of, "I did it, I get my choo choo!" So, yes, my son can pee on command or at least when a toy that he really wants is involved!"

So, yeah for Blake. Let's just see if I can keep up the bribe with marshmallows and hot tamales now.

1 comment:

Holli said...

Way to go Blake!!