Welcome


Rich, Kim, Kaylin, Maren, Jocie Bel, and Blake

Monday, June 8, 2009

The Plane Ride

I decided that I would blog about the plane ride down to Texas before I forgot about the details. Oh wait, how could I forget about the "wonderful" noises my son made!

I am sure that we looked hilarious going through security. Four bags, two car seat, one double stroller, five pairs of shoes, and two purses going through the scanner. I sent Kaylin and Maren through the metal detector first next Blake who walked right through. Jocelyn wanted nothing to do with it, so they finally let me carry her. After a hand check of the stroller we collected our items and put our shoes back on. Then off to our gate we went.

We made it on the plane, strapped the kids into the car seats and settled in for what seemed to be turning into a pleasant trip. All was going according to plan until the descent. Blake began to pull and yank at his ears. I think we started descending an hour before we landed. It was a horrible last hour.

The worst part was the last half an hour. I felt so bad for the people around me. There was nothing I could do to console him. The funniest part is that Jocelyn slept through the whole thing. I am hoping for a better flight home.

1 comment:

Holli said...

Poor Blakie. Popping ears is miserable for adults, much less toddlers who don't have a clue what's happening. Don't worry, though. I'm sure most of the people around you are parents themselves. And, if not, you'll likely never see them again! :)