Welcome


Rich, Kim, Kaylin, Maren, Jocie Bel, and Blake

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Five Days of Family Fun

The last five days sent our family in different directions. Rich and the kids spent two days at home in Henderson with Grandma and Grandpa Brown. Then, on Friday, the all headed out to go to Utah. Rich and the kids spent the next two days at Lori and Stu's in Orem.

They had lots of fun. Friday night Rich went to a late night movie, Star Trek, with Lori, Stu, and Nate. Saturday was spent at the Hogle Zoo. The highlight of which was the train ride. Apparently, Blake cried when he had to get off. Since then, Blake has been carrying his toy train with him everywhere. If you say Chug a Chug a...he says Choo Choo. I say to cute!!! Rich finished the visit with a late night showing of Angels and Demons. Then, he headed back home on Sunday with the four kids.

I am very impressed that he took a weekend trip with the kids all by himself. I think my kids have a pretty awesome dad.

Me, well...I had a great trip to Texas. I got to the airport on Thursday at 7am for my 8:30 flight. After spending an hour getting through security, I get to my gate to find out that my flight is delayed and will not be leaving till around noon. Yikes...mom is already on her way to Houston and is supposed to pick me up at 4pm. My flight at this rate will not get in until 10pm. Thank you American Airlines for changing my flight to Continental which got me in only 20 minutes passed my schedule time.

Mom and I started my trip off with dinner at a BBQ restaurant. It was delicious!!! Then we headed to Beaumont to see the Beaumont crew. Everyone looks great. Marshall and I took off to pick up Shannon, my sister in law to be, from school. She is cute as can be and I am SO glad that she fell in love with Marshall. I knew she was getting a gem, and now I know that he is too!

Friday I slept in till noon. Yes that would be 12pm. It is amazing what your body does when you don't have to listen for babies or get kids up for school. I probably could have kept sleeping if my wonderful little sister had not come in and woke me up!

Next, it was time to get things ready for Shannon's Bridal Shower. I wanted to steal some of her stuff. I decided that you should have another shower when you hit your 10 year and 20 year anniversary. Her nice new stuff looks so great. I am actually going to buy new bath towels this week.

Saturday we spent at the temple. It was great to see Chad, Lela, and their two awesome kids. Emma and Hayes look great and it was nice to sit with them at dinner. Then back to Beaumont where we made a family stop to Target a Chick Filet snack and then off to see Angels and Demons. Another Late, but fun night. Yes, I liked the movie and give it two thumbs up!

Sunday, started with church where I was able to see some great friends. Gina, loved seeing you, and Meredith, if we lived closer my daughter could babysit your Grandkids. (Weird) [I used to babysit her kids] We had a family dinner and then played games. Later that night Marshall called to tell us that he could hear the Alan Jackson concert from his house. So, Dad, Mom, and I headed over to Marshall's and listened to some Alan Jackson. Lucky for us, he played some of his older songs and we could even sing along.

Thanks everyone for a great time. I can't believe that we will be back in less than two weeks.

2 comments:

Rondi said...

We loved every minute of your being here. Had a great time and we are looking forward to the visit with the whole gang. It will be a blast.

Anonymous said...

First of all, PROPS TO YOUR MAN!!! I don't know any other man that could take care of all 4 kids himself...especially driving with them! AMAZING!!!!
I'm so glad you got a break and got to go hang out with your fam! I just wish I was down there and could've seen you too! Hopefully for Marshall's wedding!
P.S. I COMPLETELY agree with the 10 or 20 year bridal shower!! That is when you really need it!! :) Maybe I could throw one for you and you for me!