Welcome


Rich, Kim, Kaylin, Maren, Jocie Bel, and Blake

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Kaylin's Choir Performs at UNLV

Last night, Kaylin's choir group from school performed at the Nevada's Music Educator's Convention held at the University of Nevada Las Vegas (UNLV). Kaylin's group, the Desert Ensemble, was chosen out of all the middle school choirs in the state to perform. Kaylin did not think this was to huge of a deal. Her comment was, "It isn't like there are that many middle schools in Nevada, it isn't Texas!" Can you tell she is still a Southern Bell at heart?

Needless to say, I found out the details and it is a big deal. One band, orchestra, and choir were chosen based on a video entry provided by their directors. Kaylin's choir even had a special song written just for them to sing. The composer even flew in from the East Coast to work with them and introduce them before they sang.

So, I am tooting my daughter's horn, because to her...It isn't even a big deal.

3 comments:

Rondi said...

Kaylin--That was a very big deal. And I am so happy that you are using your talents to be a part of it. Love you

Holli said...

That is so Kaylin - completly unaware of how adorable and talented she is!

Maren said...

Kay that is so cool!! I know you might not think so now but later on you will!!! :-) Love you guys