Welcome


Rich, Kim, Kaylin, Maren, Jocie Bel, and Blake

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Weekend

We had a blast this Easter Weekend. Saturday, we went down to Bullhead City, AZ to spend the day with our dear friends, the Beatty Family. As soon as we got there, everyone went in each different direction. Kaylin, Cortnie, and Skyler headed out to the Hannah Montana Movie. Kaylin gave it a thumbs down, but I think that she really has a love hate relationship with Miley Cyrus.

Maren, Rich, Boyd, Rob, Brittnie, and her roommate headed off for a couple hours of paintball. Maren and Rich had a blast. They both came home with some battle wounds, but are already talking about their next trip down. We are pretty sure that Maren had some kind of allergic reaction to the mask that she wore. Today, when she woke up, her face was red and swollen.

Wendi, the twins, and I headed out to the Outlet Mall in Laughlin, NV. I finally found Rich new dress pants. I have only been looking for some that will fit right for about four months now.

We had a quick Easter Egg hunt for the little kids. Jocelyn and Blake figured out real fast what they were supposed to do. The older kids were great with helping them find the eggs. Blake LOVED the fact that there was candy in each of the eggs. After three eggs full of jelly beans and M&Ms, we had to take the basket away.

The night ended with the kids staying home and the adults going out for a dinner date. I have to admit that was the highlight of the night for me. When, we came home the kids were finishing up dying the Easter Eggs.

We headed home and headed to bed. The Easter bunny must have stopped at our house last because we didn't have baskets and eggs until after every one's nap. I love my kids. Jocelyn and Blake had a blast finding eggs and eating the candy. Maren had a little trouble finding her basket, and Kaylin asked the Easter Bunny to not hide hers. Wendi helping Jocie dye eggs. Kaylin wore an apron. She was very concerned that she would get her shirt dirty. She is such a teenager.
Blake loved dying eggs. He even tried to dye himself when he spilled the blue dye all over himself.

Brittnie and Maren were determined to get the plastic to shrink around the eggs. They didn't have to much luck.


Can you tell what color dye Jocie liked?

This is great!

Sitting eating the candy in the plastic eggs.

Rob loves Blake and Blake loves Rob!

This is too easy!
Ok, thanks for the candy, I am out of here.
Socks? I am a barefoot princess thank you!

I'm stuck, my face hurts, and I can't find my basket.
It was in the fridge of the twin's play kitchen.
We had a great time. To bad they found the eggs super fast!
Is that a rock or an egg?

Hmm? Why am I looking for eggs? My basket already has candy.


Looking, Looking, and Looking.

Yes, I am cute and to manly for an Easter Basket.
And with that, I shall dig in!

2 comments:

Holli said...

So cute! You've got some adorable twins. I've never heard of hiding the easter basket. I like that idea! Maybe we'll do it next year.

Rondi said...

Those pictures are really cute. Blake and Jocie are at a cute age for the Easter Bunny. And I loved Jocie's pink eggs (all shades). It is interesting how traditions pass down from generation to generation. When I was little, the Easter bunny always hid our basket, the Easter bunny always hid your basket, and now the Easter bunny hides our grandkids' baskets. I love it.