Welcome


Rich, Kim, Kaylin, Maren, Jocie Bel, and Blake

Friday, March 20, 2009

Lots of Visitors

Over the past nine days, we have had a house full of guests and family. Life was crazy and hectic, but also fun and exciting.

Wednesday March 11th
Rich's Parents and his Sister, Rita, came into town for six days. Grandpa came in to watch the Mountain West Conference Finals with Rich. Grandma came for some loving from the kids, and Rita had a conference that she needed to attend here in Vegas. We had a quick dinner together and then the girls were out the door to gather craft supplies to do projects with Aunt Rita.
Thursday March 12th
Rich takes the afternoon off to go to the basketball games with his Mom and Dad. They were excited with a BYU win. The rest of us did some shopping, crafts, and movie watching.
Friday March 13th
Only two basketball games to watch today. BYU lost and every one's excitement for the tournament ended. Rita and I went to the indoor flea market in Las Vegas. Didn't come home with to many treasures, but Kaylin was thrilled that I finally found her a bamboo plant.
Saturday March 14th
Rich and Grandpa decide to watch the championship game on TV. Rita headed into Vegas for her conference, and the girls played card games. (This is Maren's favorite thing to do when we have visitors)
Sunday March 15th
Church, naps, dinner...etc!
Monday March 16th
I headed out around 9:30am to pick up Laura Eichenberg from the airport. Laura was one of my dancers in Killeen and she came for a four day visit during their spring break. Laura and I get home, Grandma, Grandpa, and Rita head back to Utah. We decided to pick up Kaylin from school instead of her walking home. This was done because the girls did not know that Laura was coming here for a visit. Kaylin gets in the van and we start talking about her day, finally she turns around and sees Laura sitting in the back. The only words that could come out of her mouth were..."Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh!" Yes, she was surprised and excited. Maren was equally surprised but had more of a dumbfounded expression upon seeing Laura. That night we watched Dancing with the Stars and headed to bed.
Tuesday March 17th
The girls begged to stay home, but they did not win the fight. I did however pick them up early and we headed to the movies to see Race to Witch Mountain. I loved it, the rest of them have never seen the earlier done Disney Classics and could not appreciate the "suspense." That night Kaylin had a choir concert that we were all able to attend together. Later Laura, Rich and I watched a great movie, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. I highly recommend it, but don't expect to come out of it with overwhelming appreciation for humanity!
Wednesday March 18th
The girls get a "Rest and Recovery" Day from school. We head out to the new outlet mall in Vegas. Have a great time and find some wonderful bargains. The girls are hot and decide to go swimming in our neighbor's pool. Laura and Kaylin quickly realize the water is not warm enough and settle on just putting their feet in and enjoy the warm weather. Maren, however, runs home puts on her wetsuit and dives right in. When Rich got home, Kaylin, Maren, Laura, and I headed down to the strip to show Laura some of the sites. We go to NY NY, the Welcome to Vegas Sign, and the MGM. The girls are tired and want to go home!
Thursday March 19th
Laura and I get up and head to Hoover Dam with the twins. We turn around and pick up Kaylin from school early. Kaylin had a choir competition that day which they won 1st place over all for all the Clark County Middle Schools (That is around 50 schools). Kaylin watches the twins so I can run Laura to see a few more Vegas sites before she headed home. When we get home, Rich takes Kaylin to get a new cell phone. The poor girls phone has been slowly falling apart over the past few months. We even found out that they don't even carry her phone anymore because of all the complaints they received about it. We hang out till 11pm and then I run Laura to the airport. I get home get in bed and fall asleep very quickly.
So, as you can see in this brief overview of the past nine days, there is no mention of housework such as laundry, cleaning, etc. Behind in all of it, you bet ya, but I wouldn't have changed any of the past nine days.

3 comments:

Rondi said...

Hopefully we are the next visitors.

Maren said...

I want to be a visitor!!

Anonymous said...

Kim, I can't thank you enough for giving Laura such a fabulous spring break. She had a terrific time and just loves your family. Reading about your activities while she was there made me tired! Laura will remember this spring break forever. Thank you again for being such a wonderful influence in Laura's life. --Patti Eichenberg