Well, tonight we ended up in the Emergency Room with Blake. Poor Blake sliced his foot on the side of a dust pan. Yes, it sounds crazy, but the dust pan edges are jagged, like a saw. As soon as I saw it and the blood all over the wall and floor of the pantry, I knew we were headed to the ER.
The hospitals in Vegas are packed and understaffed, so I was grateful that my neighbor knew to take us to the hospital in Boulder City. It was perfect, four beds, one ER doc, 3 nurses and lots of care and concern.
The doctor came out and even looked at Blake's foot before we were admitted to make sure that it wasn't something that could be glued or taken care of at a quick care. Nope, to deep and had to check for tendon damage. Luckily, he didn't see any damage to tendons and Blake is moving his toe very well.
I had to lay down and hold Blake on my stomach so that his foot could be up in the air, which would allow the doctor to see the underneath part of his little toe. They were nice enough to put on some numbing cream in hopes that it would help alleviate some of the pain that he would feel when they injected the lidocaine. Of course, it still doesn't take away the burning sensation from the medicine. But he was a trooper.
The fun part came when we had to hold him down so that the doctor could put the seven stitches in. It took me holding the top and two other nurses holding his legs. Eventually, he calmed down enough that I didn't have to hold his upper body and arms in. I just rubbed his back and talked to him. The cutest thing through the whole situation was when he would cry he would say, "I go see Jos." He loves his twin.
I about died laughing when we were leaving and they told me to keep his foot elevated for 48 hours. Oh sure...how do you do that at 22 months? Blake is now fast asleep in his bed and we will see what adventures we have tomorrow.
3 comments:
Aw poor Blake! Not fun!! That is so sweet that he wanted his twin sister! I am glad it is over with! Good luck on getting his foot elevated! LOL
poor little guy. I agree...too sweet that he wanted Jocie!!!! That shows how tight a bond they have!!!!! :-) You have a post a picture of his stitches!!!!
Kim, I think I am just as blown away. It is hard to believe every time I look at him that he is really mine. I think that I am just babysitting someone else's baby. It is so weird, but it is exciting and fun! Can't wait for you to get to see him in person either...to bad it's not until this summer. Las Vegas is so far away!
Post a Comment