I love when people tell me that their kids were practically twins, you know they were eighteen months apart. They "know" just what it is like. Sorry, everyone, I know that having more than one child is a challenge and at times overwhelming, but it isn't like having twins. Let me explain.
Even now as I am blogging at 8:30pm, there are noises coming from the twins room. Blake is kicking the wall and Jocelyn is squeaking the ball on a "wonderful" book that my mom picked out for the twins' birthday. (They went to bed at 7:45 and have been awake since 11:30am)
I got sidetracked...back to my reasons on why twins are completely different. Two 20 month olds mean 2 babies to put in the grocery cart along with any groceries you are able to keep inside the cart. It means two babies to push in the stroller at the mall Christmas shopping while trying to keep items away from them. (Yes this is the opposite of grocery shopping) It means two crying teething babies at the same time. And yes, it also means two babies to take to the pediatrician to get immunizations. Everyone needs to experience the joy of trying to soothe one baby while holding the other one down ,who is fully aware of what is getting ready to happen.
Today, was one of those days. I had just finished cleaning up the babies after a wonderful non-messy lunch of peanut butter and honey, when I hear glass break. Jocelyn decided to throw one of the glass Christmas balls on the tile floor. (see picture below). While going over to clean up the mess, I hear Blake say, "Uh oh!" Often this means the TV won't turn on or he has managed to plug in and turn on something electronic. Today, it was the fact that he had spilled my soup, aka lunch, all over the floor. (see picture below) Here, I had a dilemma, shattered ornament and spilled soup both on the floor at the same time. I put both the twins on the couch and told them to stay...anyone with any child under age of two knows that this is an oxymoron. Twenty minutes later and two screaming babies later the messes were cleaned up.
However, I love those stinky cute twins of ours. I mean how can you not love their smiles and forgive them for everything. (see pictures below of the cuteness after the two "accidents")
4 comments:
You're so funny, Kim! I think you're probably right with the "practically twins" comment. There is a big difference when they ARE the same age. You brought to mind several things I wouldn't have thought about... I got goose bumps when you mentioned the grocercy store. Gabi gives me such trouble in there that I can't imagine doubling it!
But, you're right - they are so cute. You can't help but love them.
HA HA!!! Gotta love those days and just laugh!
I can only imagine with twins! My sisters kids are ALL 17 months apart and man it is busy!
They are so super cute and soon they wont do these things and will miss those days?
Those flirting little smiles, how can you get made at them? I know I couldn't. Looking forward to seeing those smiles in person.
your kids are soo cute...maren and kaylin are soo big i haven't seen them in years...probably around the time maren was married...its crazy how fast these kids grow...and ive never met the twins but they are adorable...
Post a Comment