Since moving to Henderson, filling up our gas tanks has been one thing that Rich and I hate that we have to do. When we moved here in the summer, we saw prices inch their way up to $4.59 a gallon. I would cringe every time I saw that total go over $80.00. Needless to say, we learned that a "cheap" 99 cent menu item, actually cost more than that if you factored in the gas to drive there and the time waiting at the drive-through. So, we ate at home more and made errands count by doing all of them at one time.
Now, those habits have stuck and we might finally see the benefits of our changes as gas is $2.07 a gallon. I was in shock today when I filled up my van for $35.90. That is a total I have not seen in over a year. So for now, we will enjoy the cheaper gas, and appreciate the two gallons of milk we get at Costco for $4.60. Yes, my friends in Killeen...that is for 2 gallons. I never did figure out why milk was so expensive out there.
So, as Thanksgiving approaches and the economy stinks, home values decline, and eggs are still so dang expensive ($2.50 a dozen here!), smile when you fill your gas tank up, because there is a good chance that you too are paying half what you did three months ago at the gas pump.
1 comment:
This is so true!
It's down to $1.80 here! Woo-hoo.
By the way, I'm sending you an email inquiring over some recipes. Wonder if you can guess what for...
:)
Post a Comment