Welcome


Rich, Kim, Kaylin, Maren, Jocie Bel, and Blake

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Just a Bruise?

Today, I took Maren to the orthopedics office to get her knee checked. After a month of it not healing, we decided that it was time to figure out what was going on. We saw the same pediatric orthopedic that took care of Maren when she broke her arm at 20 months. He was quite surprised that we had not been back to see him for any other childhood injuries over the past 8 years. I had to explain that in that time frame, we had moved to Laughlin, NV and then to Texas and then back to the Vegas Valley. I reassured him that Maren had since broken her toe, wrist, and thumb.

Well, this injury is bruised cartilage. Maren managed to bruise the cartilage behind the knee cap. Leave it to her to do something like that. She seemed to be getting better until Friday when she re injured it. I asked the doctor how this happened and he said that she hit the last of the bruise and re inflamed it. Ouch! So, my poor baby is out of commission for a month. We are talking no PE, no dance, missing her last soccer game, no running, or bike riding. She is very sad. She is not a sit still kind of girl. So, we will find other things to do for the next 30 days. I have a feeling that I will be getting a lot better at Mario Kart.

1 comment:

Holli said...

Poor Maren. That girl is so accident prone.