Welcome


Rich, Kim, Kaylin, Maren, Jocie Bel, and Blake

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy Birthday

Today is Rich's 37th Birthday! We cheated and celebrated last night so the cookie cake wouldn't be stale. (I think Rich just couldn't wait to open his presents.) Blake and Jocelyn actually did the opening and it took quite a bit of time. We decided they better get a little faster by Christmas or we are going to be opening presents forever. Here are a few of the reasons we think Rich is so great.

Kaylin
  • He tells you like it is.
  • He thinks about other people before himself.
  • He has taught me how to be a hard worker
  • He buys me all the electronic stuff that mom won't buy.
  • I love him and he loves me.

Maren

  • He cares for me and respects what I do.
  • He plays the Wii with me.
  • He helps me in everything I do.
  • He calms me down.
  • I love you Dad you are the best.

Kim

  • Rich is a great dad to our kids, he plays with each of them.
  • Rich always thinks about me and gives me a "break" when I have had "one of those days."
  • Rich has a great testimony of the Christ.
  • Rich is a hard worker and never does a "half-job."
  • I love you too Rich, thanks for all you do everyday for our family.

5 comments:

MP said...

1. He kills terrorists with me on XBOX.
2. He is in tune with the Spirit enough to call me when I need someone to talk to.
3. He pushes me to finish school.
4. He never lets me get down on myself.
5. Thanks Rich and Happy Bday!!

Tabatha said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Holli said...

Happy Birthday Rich.

Here's my list:

1. You're REAL & you tell it like it is.

2. Though being massively tall, you're just a great big softie that loves his kids, his family, and the Lord. (Don't get me started on how I bawled at Maren's baptism.)

3. You've got a great sense of humor and you make me laugh when I get stressed out at family events. :)

4. You've been a great big brother to Kyle.

5. You always make us feel welcome in your home.

6. And, Gabi adores you.

WE LOVE YOU!!

Kyle said...

I love you too man! Can I have your Bud Light? Okay, I am a sheep. Here is my list.

1. He blows himself up enough with grenades on Xbox that he can make even the worst player (me) feel good about their skills.
2. You are who you are!
3. Even though I have made some dumb financial decisions, you have offered to help get them straightened out without judging me for my dumb errors.
4. You still have mental images of me in my boxers, running into your room, and waking you up by shooting you with a Nerf Bow and Arrow. Welcome to the family!! (fyi to all, this happened last year, just kidding I think I was like 12).

5. You are a good example of hard work.

Rondi said...

I guess I should make my list, too.

1. The Savior is the fist on his list.

2. His family is next on his list.

3. His job is next on his list. He has priorities in the right order.

4. He keeps his promises. Eric said he could only marry Kim if he treated her like the Queen that Heavenly Father has created her to be. Rich fulfills that promise every day.

5. He is a fantastic dad. Most men don't have much patience. But, Rich has all the patience and love in the world when it comes to his children.

6. Ever since I have known Rich he has been a hard worker. He is an employee that every boss would want to have.

7. He treats my other children as if they were born as his siblings.

8. I guess this really goes along with #'s 1, 2, and 3. He never puts himself first.

9. He doesn't think I am strange being a 54 year old woman and cheering on the Dallas Cowboys. He treats me like a true fan.

10. All the other things that I have forgotten and haven't written.

Happy Birthday Rich.