Maren has been counting down the days till she goes to Texas for about 10 days now. She can hardly wait to get on the airplane by herself and go to Beaumont. She has a pile of clothes on the floor that are her "taking to Texas clothes." I think she has just figured out that if she calls them that, she doesn't have to put them on hangers and put them away.
I can't believe the day is almost here and now I too have started counting down the days. However, my feelings tend to be anxiety, excitement, and nervousness as our little independent one heads out on this journey. I know that she will be fine, and remember my own days of heading out to visit my friend Liz in Wyoming by myself. So, maybe that is why I am nervous. I remember an older lady coming on the plane to check on me. My mom was concerned that I wasn't going to be ok. Well, maybe that was because I was bawling my head off. So, you see...I am wondering how my "brave" one will be on the plane all by herself. Maren keeps reminding me the flight is only three hours. She also tells us she will have her gameboy and ipod so she will have lots to do. Maybe that was why I cried when I had to fly. I had to sit there. How did I ever survive.
Well, I will let you all know how I did after we drop her off next Tuesday. You see, I am a smart mom...I am sending her with her Dad to the airport. I don't think this mom can't handle watching her board a plane all by herself.
3 comments:
Maren will be just fine. When I was a kid, I flew alone to Seattle - which had a layover. My mom was terrified and she cried and cried when they dropped me off. And, this got me crying - and I bawled all the way to Washington.
Of course, I didn't have a Gameboy or Ipod, either.
But, we are very excited Maren's coming to Texas. She' so mature and she'll be just fine.
(Oh, and I think Kyle has one of those "taking to Texas" clothes piles...)
Sounds fun!! I know how you feel Samantha will be flying to Utah for Nevada day and we gone just those 4 days! She and a friend are going on own ! I am nervous and she is 12!!!But I am sure Maren will be totally fine!! :) Along with Samantha! LOL
We are counting down the days, too. Although I don't have a going to Texas clothes pile!
Post a Comment