Have you ever seen the movie Groundhog Day? The one where everything is repeated? That seemed to be the theme of my day.
Yesterday began something like this. The babies were watching Handy Mandy on Disney Channel, so I took advantage and swept and mopped the floors. (yes, I cheated and used the steam mop) I was excited that the floor was not sticky and it even sparkled a little from the sunlight coming in the windows. However, my excitement was short lived when Blake got out the crackers. Well, let me rephrase that...he got out the box of Ritz that I have already beat down into crumbs. At this point I am totally unaware of what is happening because I am upstairs getting dirty laundry. However, when I came downstairs I found Blake sitting on the floor with 2 bowls filled with crumbs and the rest on the floor. Not to bad right? That is just a quick sweep and vacuum job. No that would be to easy, Blake had also decide to help himself to a Capri Sun. Now, for those of you who have not purchased Capri Suns in the past few years. The pouches are no longer kid proof. Yes, my 18 month olds can put the straws in them. So, what happens when an eighteen month old puts the straw in the Capri Sun then picks it up himself to drink it? Of course it spills out the overfilled pouch onto the pile of Cracker crumbs on the floor. Now I am no longer faced with a sweep and vacuum job, but rather a sticky mess of wet cracker crumbs to pick up. Needless to say...the floor was mopped twice yesterday.
My day continues...Soon you will see a pattern that Blake is the "helper" in each of these situations. Laundry, now really you don't need to much help on the task. It is just one that no matter how hard you try it continues always and never goes away. Well, I had just taken the load out of the dryer and was putting it on the couch to fold. On my way back to the laundry room I heard water. Confused, I went into the laundry room to see Blake standing on the dirty pile of towels smiling at the "job well done." Blake had pushed the start button on the washing machine and the already clean clothes were headed for a double cycle. I think the makers of Maytag may have created the Capri Sun Pouches.
On we go with the rest of the day. As dinner is simmering on the stove and Kaylin anxious to learn to cook, I put her in charge of watching dinner while I bathed the twins. This is an easy task. However, I never come out of the bathroom dry. Trying to dodge two babies with cups of water is not always successful. Bath time goes on without a hitch and it is down to eat. Something easy, a Mexican Casserole. The twins are in their chairs, bibs on, spoons in hand. Well, they both decide to wear more of their food then eat. Remind again why I was trying to multi-task and bath them while dinner was cooking? Hard lessons learned. :) Although, I was not going to do a three-peat for the day and head to bath number two. They got a really good wash down with the washcloth and that was it.
The best thing through all of this was the double kisses and hugs that I received from those two little stinkers. It makes all the days where you are sure they have your bed turned down at the crazy house just waiting for you, worth every minute.
1 comment:
LOl I can only imagine you do repeat things often there! Good thing they are beyond cute and lovable
to make it all up!!
We have been so so so sick here otherwise we would call you to get together!! You have been here since June !!!! :(
I tagged you on blog! Check it out :)
Post a Comment