Welcome


Rich, Kim, Kaylin, Maren, Jocie Bel, and Blake

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Maren's First Soccer Game




Today was Maren's first soccer game. It was 100 degrees outside, no shade, and no breeze! Yes, it was HOT! Maren played awesome. I am so proud of her...she received the first team foul. I am sure my Mom and Dad are just laughing and saying, "Yep, that's Kim's Kid!"
Her team did not win, but she played her heart out. She is very aggressive and doesn't stop until she gets her part done. She was fabulous on defense. Maren knew where she needed to be to help protect the goal and is very good at positioning herself on the field to be a help to her team mates. When Maren played offense, she had 2 shots on goal that just went wide of the net.
We are excited to watch her throughout the rest of the season. I will try to post video of the next game. I might have to have Rich tape as I am definitely a "side-line mom."

3 comments:

Holli said...

That had me rolling with laughter. Maren's awesome.

You know, in the past two weeks it seems like EVERYONE's been saying how much Gabi reminds them of you or Baby Maren. And, I have to agree that the simularities are quite remarkable. Yesterday Kyle said, "If Gabi grows up to be Kim, I'll be happy."

We love and miss you!

Rondi said...

I can't believe you moved to Vegas, Maren starts playing soccer and I can't see her games. Life sucks!

Maren said...

Wow...Mom said Sucks!!! haha!!! Record a game for me! I wish you were closer so that I could go to some of them!!! She is such a sport!!! We missed you guys at Braydon's party!!!!