Welcome


Rich, Kim, Kaylin, Maren, Jocie Bel, and Blake

Monday, August 18, 2008

Motivation to Get Things Done

Those are my cheeks, I didn't store any for later.


































I sat today looking at my house and wondered the all famous question...."Where do I begin?" Maybe I should start with all the laundry from vacation, the bathrooms, the floors...how about my children? Jocelyn and Blake have discovered the "fun" of using utensils, but then realize that their hands still work best. However, this does not always create the greatest outcome for me.


Ok, so part of this is my fault, but the other I blame on learning steps in life. Here is goes:


Today, I gave Blake and Jocelyn their first ice cream cones. They loved it so much that they decided to save some on all parts of their bodies for later. I found mint chocolate chip ice cream in Jocie's hair and under Blake's chin. After a quick dip in the sink it was all clean and I only had to tackle the floor around the high chairs. Then with all my wonderful common sense, I made spaghetti for dinner. I am sure you are seeing in what direction this is going.


Let's just say...Spaghetti Everywhere!!! I will let the pictures speak for themselves. I found that stripping the babies naked right in the highchairs created less of a spaghetti trail to the bathroom, but it did not take away from the spaghetti ring left in the bathtub.


The joys of motherhood don't change much as your kids get older. Kaylin had a touch of heat exhaustion from out days in Disneyland. Sunday was the first day that she had eaten regularly and, well it was to much for her stomach. So, besides a little spaghetti ring around the tub to clean, Kaylin gave me the opportunity to just finish cleaning the whole bathroom with an almost making it in the toilet throw up experience. You would think that being almost thirteen should would have better aim.


So, with the help of my wonderful children, I did get my floors clean, some laundry washed, and one of the bathrooms cleaned. Who said kids don't help?

2 comments:

Rondi said...

OK, at least Blake and Jocie are under the age of two. They are entitled to make a mess. For Kaylin, at least she tried to make the target; but there are many Olympic athletes that can't make the target. And guess what? There is no limitations on age or gender when it comes to making a mess. Go read my blog today and you will see what I mean!! And by the way, they are my grandchildren and they can make whatever mess they want!! (OK well as long as whatever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas ha-ha)

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain about spaghetti messes but you gotta admit, Blake and Jocie are SO CUTE!!! I love all of their pictures. Keep posting...we are avid readers of your blog!