Welcome


Rich, Kim, Kaylin, Maren, Jocie Bel, and Blake

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Snack for Breakfast

This morning Jocelyn woke up and told me she wanted "Snack." I assumed she was hungry and wanted some breakfast. I took her downstairs and asked her if she wanted a waffle and she told me no. So I show her the Cheerios and again I receive a no. I finally told her to show me what she wanted. Jocelyn stood on her tippy toes and got the Fruit Roll Ups and said "Snack." I learned today that there are some battles that even a sixteen month old can win! So, yes Jocie Bel got her Fruit Roll-Up followed by a bowl of Cheerios. It was a happy morning for her.

Blake, he is just a pig...he ate a bowl of Cheerios, a whole banana, and a piece of bread. I know what some of you are thinking...."Am I plugging him up?" Attempting too, would be the correct response. But, I am falling short as he is cutting three of his eye teeth! Ouch! Needless to say, he has the runs. Teething has led to sore gums and a sore bottom.

The girls went swimming today at our Stake President's House. They have a slide in their house. Sister Jones pushed me down the slide and said you will love it. It is a fun thing with four curves. I ran back up the stairs and said that is an awesome thing. She told me that the last Area Authority that visited for conference enjoyed it too! Mom and Dad any thoughts on what you could put in?

Rich had his presentation today for the Board of Directors Of Mid-Country Bank. He did a great job and is glad that it is over. He asked us to pray for him. So the girls and I did, each on our own. I prayed that the words would come out without any stumbling (he was worried about the Ums and Uhs), Kaylin prayed that he wouldn't be nervous and he would stay calm, and Maren prayed that the people who heard him would like it. Between the three of us, I think we covered his concerns. Of course, I know what really made him prepared was the hours he put into the presentation and the practice of it. He is back to his normal self tonight and is playing X-Box with the Boyz.

The weather here is hot hot hot! It takes all my energy to get out there and run. I don't mind going downhill, but since we chose again to live on the top of the hill, it is a long way back home. Rich and I ran a different route the other day and the incline of the hill did not seem as steep when we mapped it out in the van. Boy, were we wrong! We made it home, exhausted!

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Similar story. This morning Gabi woke up and wanted peanut butter. I couldn't convince her to eat anything else (cereal, toast, fruit). She wanted peanut butter for breakfast. Yup, does plain peanut butter with a spoon.