I went into the front room after Maren left for school today and saw the pile that she still had not put away from yesterday, her shoes, her scriptures, her dirty socks and I smiled.
I went upstairs and saw that Blake had snuck out of his bed and was sleeping with a blanket and a pillow on the couch in the loft and had the tv loft and I smiled.
I peeked in on Jocie sleeping in her bed snuggled with her blanket and her pillow pet and I smiled.
As I said goodbye this morning to my amazing husband as he headed out to his job, I smiled.
With so much going on in the world, I am so grateful for the little things. I am grateful that my kids have a bathroom where they can squeeze the toothpaste wrong in. I am grateful that my kids have shoes and socks to call their own that they can leave them in a warm room. I am grateful that my kids have a bed that they can snuggle in or sneek out of and watch tv in the middle of the night. I am very grateful for an amazing husband, who has always worked hard, whether it was at the grocery store through college or his jobs post college to support his family. Today, in this economy we are very blessed for a job to meet our family's needs.
Living in an earthquake zone, here in Nevada, the horrible things that have happened in Japan have reinforced to me that we really cannot keep putting off things till tomorrow.
There was a great lesson in Young Women (teenage girl's program) that I am a part of at church on Sunday and it was about fulfilling your part, knowing what you were meant to do, and also not knowing when your time here on this earth is done.
We don't know the Lord's time and we can't question his plan, for he is all knowing. For those in Japan, we can give our prayers, service, and financial support at this time. I know by doing this we are serving Him. I think too He would like for us to think of those close to us and pray, serve, and think of them. It is said, "When you have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7
1 comment:
Kim,
What a great thought for the day, thank you for sharing. I can't help but smile along with you, we really have so much to be grateful for. You are right, what matters most is what lasts the longest and that is family. How lucky are we to know that that is the only place where we will find genuine happiness.
Speaking of families, we miss yours! Let us know next time you are up this way. Jaxon would love to play with Joci and Blake. Give my love to your family :)
Love,
Nichole
Post a Comment