Welcome


Rich, Kim, Kaylin, Maren, Jocie Bel, and Blake

Monday, February 28, 2011

Teacher's Work Day...Family Work Day

Today, I woke the girls up to, "Girls...you owe me an hour of cleaning, and then you can do whatever you want the rest of the day." I thought this was a pretty reasonable request. An hour for your freedom the rest of the day. Maren did not want to work more than 1 hour, so she set the timer for 60 minutes. (Smart little cookie)

Here is what we got done in 30 minutes.

1. Kitchen...unload and load dishwasher, counters wiped and disinfected, floors swept and mopped. (Thank goodness for swifter wet jet!)

2. Living Room...every one's stuff put away, dust, and vacuumed.

3. Family Room...blankets, pillows, and toys put away and the floor vacuumed.

4. Dining Room...all the laptops, ipods, and phones plugged in put away, vacuumed floor.

5. I also mopped the laundry room and the girls each cleaned their bathrooms.

6. Blake and Jocie cleaned all the toys up in Blake's room.

It was a great lesson on how much we can get done when we all work together. Everyone was focused on what was needed to get done, and we all just did it.

I am so grateful that my kids no how to work, I think it is a very important lesson that has to be taught young. I know that our attitude as parents helps teach them that work and doing a good job at it is important.

Thanks kids for being the best.

No comments: