Welcome


Rich, Kim, Kaylin, Maren, Jocie Bel, and Blake

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Help us!

Yes, that is our daughter in the driver's seat of my Odyssey. Everyday I hear, "Can I drive" from my beautiful Kaylin. However I also hear that wonderful voice in my head saying, "Really, do you want to live?"

So we started the first run throught the church parking lot. I was very scared when her foot came off the break and she wondered why the car was still moving. With that somewhat mastered. Today, I let her drive around the block in our neighborhood. This helped with different driving skills.

1. Using the gas pedal.
2. Stopping at the stop sign without whiplash.
3. Applying more gas as we live on a hill.
4. Making sure she doesn't ride the break down the hill
5. Turning (yes, kay you must push the gas pedal and turn the steering wheel at the same time.)
6. Parking by the curb. Putting the emergency break on in neutral before putting the car in park.

And the best one...Having Jocelyn tell her, "Kaylin you don't drive very good."

But, that smile on her face pretty much says what she thinks of her skills.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

2 comments:

My Address said...

Scary!!!!

Curls said...

Just wait, she'll be a great driver and you can have her run the other kids around. I loved driving at first-then my mom gave me driving chores and it wasn't as much fun anymore...

Also-at least you're not having to teach her stick! I don't know how my dad got through it...