Welcome


Rich, Kim, Kaylin, Maren, Jocie Bel, and Blake

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Park City, Utah

We love Park City, Utah. It is one of our favorite places to go visit when we go to Utah. It has been a long time since we have gone there in the fall. I forgot how beautiful the canyon is this time of the year. It was so amazing to see all the colors of the leaves as we were driving up Provo Canyon. I have to admit that it might be ten times more beautiful to me this year, as I miss the trees so much living in Vegas. The desert is beautiful, but there is something majestic to me about seeing the colors of the leaves before they fall to the ground.
Another thing I noticed, while driving, was that Utah is also in a drought. There were some pretty brown spots mixed in with the autumn colors.
When we got to Park City, we did one our favorite things...The Alpine Slide. It was even more special this time as we were able to do it with the Takishita Family. As this was their first trip to Utah, we had to show them some of our favorite things to do. We took the ski lift up the mountain and down the slide we went. I took Jocie Bel down and our friend Richard took Blake. (Rich was not able to make the trip up to Utah with us). The twins loved it. When we were done Jocie told me, "Mom, we go one more time!"
Me and Jocie at the end of the slide. She had a great time. Lots of yeahs and this is funs while we went down.
Richard helping Blake off after their ride down.
Blake and Richard

Maren was not too happy...her arms were not long enough so she could not go as fast as she wanted too. Cassie caught up to her.
We made Megan spend the day with us. Ok, not made her. We love when Megan hangs out with us.
Kaylin always looks lovely even after a rough ride.

2 comments:

Rondi said...

I remember when you kids first went down the slide in Park City. That seems eons ago. Now our grandkids are enjoying it.

The Palmers said...

Ooo... I miss that!! The canyon is beautiful! Do leaves ever change like that in Texas? =) Oh well... we can always visit. Looks like y'all had a great time!