Welcome


Rich, Kim, Kaylin, Maren, Jocie Bel, and Blake

Friday, August 7, 2009

Shopping with Twins

Yesterday, Kaylin and I decided to take a break from the heat and go to the outlets for some school shopping. A break from the heat doesn't mean a break from the twins, so we loaded up the double stroller and headed out to the indoor outlets on the strip. We have not been there in a while and could not remember what was there so it was a true adventure all in it's own.

When we entered the mall, a nice lady told me that I had the most well behaved kids in all of Vegas. I didn't have the heart to tell her that we had just started our shopping. I smiled and told her thank you so much.

We decided to do one side of the mall and then hit the other stores on the other side as we walked back toward the car. The twins did great the first half of the mall. That was until they saw the indoor merry go round and the cookie place. After that it was all down hill. Blake wanted to ride the merry go round and Jocie wanted a cookie.

Not wanting to wait in the line for the merry go round, I did what any good mom would did, I told Blake you had to be three to ride the merry go round and that we would come back when he was bigger. One problem solved. :) The cookie problem was not solved, but at this point it was to far away until we began our return walk. Jocie would just have to wait. This seemed to work until we started going into the next set of stores.

Here are Blake's words as we entered every store the rest of the time shopping...."I HATE CLOTHES!" Does that sound like a man shopping or what. The rest of the shopping experience was ruined, done, and finished! It was time to go home.

Kaylin was a great sport and new it was time to quit. We pushed the double stroller until Jocie saw the cookie place and then we all got a snack. I wanted to stop in the Nike Outlet to see if they had any T-shirts for Rich. Of course Blake started with his, "I HATE CLOTHES, but then he looked around and said, Oh, this is daddy's store." That little stinker quit crying and let me look around. Boys stick together.

I am glad that I saw the nice lady at the beginning of my shopping and not at the middle of the end.

No comments: